This course is aligned to the specific requirements of Queensland Rail’s Network Rules and Procedures MD-12-189.
On successful completion of this course learners will obtain a Queensland Rail enterprise qualification as well as the national unit of competency:
• TLIF2082 Perform handsignaller duties
At the successful completion of this section learners will have the knowledge & understanding of the following as they relate to their job role:
• Identify equipment required to handsignal
• Demonstrate the display of hand, flag and light signals
• Identify the correct location and safe position to stand when handsignalling
For a full list of details, please download the course guide here.
Pre-requisities for this course include:
• NHS Category 1 Health Assessment
• Psychometric Testing for Handsignaller
• Safely access the rail corridor
• Communications (QNRP)
• Railway Track Signals (QNRP)
You must be able to speak and understand English. You will need to pass a simple Language, Literacy and Numeracy test prior to commencement of the training.
At the successful completion of this course, the learner will have the knowledge and skills to perform the duties of a Handsignaller as they relate to their job role within Queensland Rail.
The fee for this course is $155 per person