This course is aligned to the specific requirements of Queensland Rail’s Network Rules and Procedures MD-12-189.
This course is designed to provide learners with the knowledge and skills required to pilot rail traffic within Track Authority limits. It is an elective course for Protection Officers who will be performing this task as part of their role.
On successful completion of this course learners will obtain a Queensland Rail enterprise qualification as well as the national unit of competency:
• TLIC2081 Pilot rail traffic within work on track authority limits
For a full list of details, please download the course guide here.
Pre-requisities for this course include:
• NHS Category 3 Health Assessment
• Psychometric Testing for Protection Officer
• Protection Officer
• Infield Protection
• Clipping of Points
• Railway Track Signals
You must be able to speak and understand English. You will need to pass a simple Language, Literacy and Numeracy test prior to commencement of the training.
At the successful completion of this unit learners will have the following knowledge and skills:
• Explain and demonstrate the process for rail traffic entering the Track Authority
• Explain and demonstrate the process for rail traffic required to be stabled within the limits of a Protection Method
• Explain and demonstrate the process for rail traffic moving within the Track Authority
• Explain and demonstrate the process for rail traffic departing the Track Authority
The fee for this course is $155 per person